Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Preparations


The Girl approached me as I taught her to make quiche last night and asked if 'Not Her Boyfriend' could come over Sunday morning and help her make me breakfast for Mother's Day. Let's be honest, she should have asked Hubby, but he would have said no and I might have said yes. And she knew I felt guilty for freaking out 'Not Her Boyfriend' pretty bad by calling him "sweetie" and might want to make it up to him.

I see her reasoning, but no. So what do I want for Mother's Day? Not breakfast in bed. I'd rather not wake early and panicked to the smell of gas, arguing, and unidentified crashes in the kitchen. Also, they never clean it up right afterward. I will eat whatever they make, most likely, I'm not usually that picky. (Except duck eggs. But another time on that.)

The kidletts could do all their chores and get caught up on their homework without having to be nagged. By "they" I of course mean "The Boy," and of course I'm dreaming, so moving on... They could go 24 hours without snarky comments. (Glancing meaningfully at The Girl.) She hands me a mirror. Right, moving on...

Hubby is funny. He watched The Girl doing her scramble for a Mother's Day gift last week that she does every year about about this time. (The Boy just watches his sister impassively. He has faith either Dad will cover him or Mom will handle it herself). Hubby does much the same for his mother. He finally took pity on the kidletts this morning and said "Amazon eBook." He knows my account info and showed them my wish list. Thank the patron saint of online shopping he didn't show them my recently viewed. I did some research and... Is there a patron saint of the internet? There should be. More than one. There's too much to cover for just one. 

So, books for Mother's Day. Specifically, eBooks for Mother's Day. I think it should be the new trend. Knowing The Girl, I'm betting on something practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment