Friday, May 24, 2013

Chocolate and Sex





Mother’s Day follow up: we went by the local chocolate factory after the holiday for no particular reason. The holiday went well, but Hubby decided I deserved chocolates. There’s a reason we’ve been married twenty years.

Friday night, as The Girl sat beside Hubby and me, playing Minecraft, (being mindless and blowing off steam after a hard day of trying to forget about dissecting a frog in biology, and worse, trying to forget her mother was there to help; showing her friends and peers I’m not the evil creature of torture that parents are portrayed to be) we decided to have a chocolate. Hubby produced the required sugar and handed me a chocolate. I tested it, found it pleasing. He took a nibble, has no tolerance for sugar and handed it back. I gave the rest to The Girl. She was more than happy to finish it off. Hubby handed me another one. Repeat process.

The Girl asked why chocolate was so popular with women. We believe in being honest with our children, so Hubby explained it releases endorphins in the brain. Considering the movies she’s already seen, I think it’s little late to start playing coy. Like sex, I finished for him.  

“Wait,” The Girl said, as I handed her the third chocolate. “That kind of means I’m having sex now. And since we’re sharing, this is incest.”

Hubby closed the box of chocolates. No more for The Girl. She’s warped.

No comments:

Post a Comment