Monday, August 11, 2014

Catching Up (1)




I’ve been remiss in my blogging and I apologize for that. I have gotten more than a few things done, however. First, in the realm of my own novels, I did a soft launch of Make A Wish! the latest in the Genie in Your Pocket Collection. It’s not really a sequel to Be Careful What You Wish For, but it does have guest appearances and answer questions readers of the first novel may have. To celebrate that, I lowered the price of Be Careful What You Wish For to free on Smashwords. It’s also an experiment. I’m curious about how long it takes to push that update to Barnes & Noble and if Amazon will ever match it. You see they used to say they match prices. Then they say they can't match every price reported, but they try to ensure their prices remain competitive. I’ve had AKA Lexi Frost at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble free for weeks, and told Amazon, and they still won’t price match. As an author, I can’t set the price below 99 cents. If a book isn’t exclusive with Amazon, it doesn’t have free promotion days. This is the only way to do promotions – when they let us – or have free books.  

Speaking of Lexi Frost, Never Ready is out in paperback now and Transitions will be shortly. It’s a relief to get that done. I’m also ahead of schedule with Transitions’ sequel, In Her Sights. Originally I was planning on releasing that spring/summer of 2015, but I may actually make it this winter. Wow. And lastly in my books, I’ve made a big breakthrough on getting the sequel out for Chrysanthemum also. That is a whole other headache and conversation. Another time. 

There is a slightly longer rant to come. It's also more meaningful. Be warned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment